National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS)
DISTRICT NAADS COORDINATOR
Deadline of this Job:
14th December 2012
National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS), Uganda
The National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) is a Government of Uganda
agency under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and fisheries with new
approaches for the delivery of extension services. This agency is intended to have
a decentralized, farmer owned and public/private sector Agricultural service
extension system contributing to the realization of the agricultural sector
objectives. The programme is designed in accordance with the overall
Government policies of decentralization, liberalization, privatization and
empowerment of farmers in decision-making. In accordance with the
decentralization policy, all districts are implementing the NAADS programme
through existing Local Government Administrative and Technical arrangements for
Agricultural service delivery.
The district of Moroto wish to recruit a suitable candidate to the position of District
NAADS Co-coordinator (DNC).
JOB TITLE: DISTRICT NAADS COORDINATOR
REMUNERATION: ATTRACTIVE AND COMPETITIVE
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: THREE (3) YEAR CONTRACT
Duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the District Production Coordinator, (DPC) the District NAADS
Coordinator (DNC) will be responsible for undertaking the following functions:
* Coordinate and Supervise implementation of NAADS programme activities in
* Consolidate the Sub-County annual work plans and coordinate development
of District NAADS annual work plans and activities. The Coordinator will ensure
timely presentation of consolidated NAADS plans and budgets for integration into
the district work plan and budget.
* Develop quantitative and qualitative indicators from the immediate objectives
and outputs of the District NAADS programme activities.
* Working with Subject Matter Specialists (SMS’s) ensures application of
standards and criteria for selection of service providers and procurement of
* In collaboration with the District Contracts Committee, provide technical
assistance to districts^ Sub-Counties and Farmer Fora towards the tendering
process and review of all procurements for the District NAADS Programme.
* Receive and review all reports, including monitoring and evaluation, technical
and financial reports of NAADS programme at District and Sub-County levels.
* Facilitate District NAADS programme meetings and act as Secretary to the
District Farmer Forum. Coordinate with the District Finance office on financial
* Under the leadership of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and the District
Production Coordinator (DPC), supervise NAADS expenditures to ensure
accountability and value for money.
* Any other duties assigned to him/her by the Chief Administrative Officer.
* A degree in Agriculture, Fisheries, Veterinary Medicine or related disciplines.
* A postgraduate qualification in any of the following areas; Agribusiness,
Agricultural Extension, Rural Development and Agricultural Economics will be an
* At least five years relevant working experience in Agricultural Extension or
Rural Development. Computer literacy in standard Computer Packages (Word
processing and Spread Sheet Packages)
* Should have the following personal & professional qualities; Innovativeness,
interpersonal skills, team work, leadership and adaptability to novel approaches to
agricultural service delivery.
* A good understanding of principles and practice of community based
participatory methods and approaches, for agricultural development.
* A strong knowledge/experience of contemporary cross cutting issues in rural
and agricultural development including poverty, gender, environmental and social
* Demonstrated, administrative and management skills including an
understanding of the decentralization policy and operations of Local Governments.
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should fill Public Service Commission form 3 (revised 2008)
available at the office of the Secretary Public Service Commission or Secretaries
District Service Commissions countrywide. The filled forms together with detailed
Curriculum Vitae indicating proof of previous employment, two passport size
photographs, names and addresses of three referees, applicants daytime
telephone contact and photocopies of all certified academic
certificates/testimonials should be submitted to and received by the Secretary
District Service Commission – Moroto district not later than Friday 14th December,
Similar Jobs at Great Uganda Jobs
All jobs in Uganda advertised in December